Skip to main content
Add Me To Your Mailing List
Share This Page
Share this page on Facebook
Share this page on Linkedin
Share this page on Twitter
Increasing the Knowledge of Optics...
About the OSSC
Board of Directors
History & Formation
Join the OSSC!
Videos of OSSC Speakers
Recent Outreach Events
Grants & Awards
Education & Resources
Documents & Presentations
Forums (including Jobs)
Member Directory (Online)
Member Directory (PDF)
News & Info
National & Global News
Documents & Presentations
Support the OSSC
Join the OSSC!
OSSC CORPORATE MEMBERS
Become a WEBSITE SPONSOR
Welcome New Members
Members who joined (or rejoined) in the last 60 days.
We value your membership
and appreciate your support!
Switch To Threaded View
Return to Forum
Quality Inspector - Temporary
1/4/2019 8:00 PM
This position reports to the Director of Quality and Operational Excellence, and is responsible for conducting visual and measurement verification for First Article Inspections, receiving inspections, in-process inspections, final inspections and rejection of non-conforming material per specifications, written procedures, Engineering requirements, and other regulatory standards that may be applicable. This position regularly interfaces with engineering, quality and production personnel to resolve quality issues. This position will perform other related duties as assigned or indicated by responsibilities.
• Performs and documents inspections of incoming parts and materials
• Performs and documents in-process and final inspections
• Review of Supplier Documentation Certificate of Conformance (C of C), test data, documentation related for compliance for established requirements
• Initiates Material Rejection Notice (MRR) for non-conforming materials to ensure proper completion of required documentation in accordance with departmental, GMP and ISO requirements
• Files and retrieves parts certifications in a timely manner
• Adheres to Company Quality System requirements, which includes Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Departmental Procedures, Work Instructions and other applicable requirements that may arise
• Verifies product traceability is maintained throughout the different manufacturing cycles
• Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials, lost tools and unusual conditions to your supervisor.
• Ensures that a safe work environment and safe work practices are maintained at all times
• Completes work assignments within acceptable time
Other duties: As assigned
Educational Requirements: High School Diploma
• 1-3 years visual and mechanical inspection experience
• Computer proficient in MS Office and ERP system
• Able to read technical drawings for inspection attributes and criteria
• Familiarity with various inspection tools including calipers, micrometers, height cages, multimeters, etc.
• Experience with Coordinate Measuring Machines preferred
• Knowledge of ISO 9001 Quality Systems and General Manufacturing Practices
• Current knowledge of the FAA compliance requirements associated with issuance of the 8130-3 export tags, a plus
• Able to identify, analyze and interpret data accurately
• Familiar with Certified Material Test Reports
• Familiar with PCB inspection and verification requirements
• Proficiency in MS Office software – Word, Excel, Outlook- to create reports, spreadsheets and charts.
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
• This is a 1st shift position, but must be flexible to work 2nd shift if necessary.
• Thorough and detail oriented
• Superior organizational skills to establish priorities and maintain work flow
• Punctuality and attendance as scheduled with flexibility to work extended hours as required based on business needs
• The ability to work both independently and in a team-environment is essential
• Able to create positive working relationships with internal customers to effectively complete daily tasks
• This position works in a manufacturing environment and may occasionally be exposed to shop elements such as noise. The position may require the use of PPE. While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit and stand for sustained periods of time; walk, talk and hear; frequently reach and use hands repetitively. Must be capable of lifting and pushing up to 50 lbs. as required to inspect parts.
SpectraSensors, Inc. is an Endress+Hauser company headquartered in Houston, TX with manufacturing and technology development in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. The company was incorporated in 1999 as a technology spin-off of the NASA/Caltech Jet Propulsion Laboratory. SpectraSensors is a leading manufacturer of optically and laser based on-line gas analyzers for the natural gas and process gas analytics markets. Typical applications include non-contact measurement of moisture, carbon dioxide, hydrogen sulfide and other contaminants in natural gas supply chain, refinery and petrochemical processes, and airborne water vapor measurements from commercial aircraft for the U.S. and International Weather Services.
SpectraSensors, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Return to Forum
is a non-profit
tax exempt corporation.
endorse candidates for public office or contribute to political candidates or campaigns.
: 14271 Jeffrey Road, Suite 136
Irvine, California 92620
Updated: 12 June 2019
Posted 2019 - 2020 Election Results