- Monthly dinner meetings, held from October through June, typically on the second Wednesday of the month
- Networking and social opportunities
- Technical talks by prominent members of the optics community and related industries
- Tours of industry, university and related organization's facilities
- Outreach and Social Events:
- Annual Optricks Day at the Discovery Science Center in Santa Ana
- Regular Family oriented outreach events
- Annual OSSC Golf outing
- Educational Support
- Online access to recent technical presentations
- Online access to recent editions of the Images newsletter
- Published monthly from October through June
- Meeting and other Event news
- Fun and interesting Optricks feature articles
- History Corner
- Corporate member profiles
- Access to read OSSC forums including Job Announcements
- Post job announcements FREE
Most of our events are open to the public.
Regular Membership dues are $15 per year.
- Access to our online Membership Directory with up-to-date information about other members.
- Create and control your online Membership Directory profile
- Display or hide contact information (you control the content)
- Create your own one page biography viewable by other members
- Add your photo, company's website & even a link to your Linkedin and FaceBook page
- Access to read and post to OSSC forums including the Employment Forums
- Access to potential members only online forums
- Print version of the Images newsletter (published monthly from October through June)
- Print Version of our Membership Directory, published once per year, with your contact information available to other members
- Regular email meeting announcements and event information
- Ability to participate in selected members only events. Most OSSC events are open to the public but occasionally space limitations requires us to limit participation to members only.
- Access to Members Only Archives of past Images newsletters and meeting presentations.
- 10% Discount at the OSSC Store!
- Eligibility to vote in OSSC elections and run for elected office
The Society does not offer a Student Membership. However, Individual Members who are full-time students enjoy dinner at most meetings for free or at a reduced cost.
Eligible student must be Individual Members -dues are $15 per year.
- Includes all the regular member benefits listed above plus
- Ability to manage your own Corporate Forum:
- Keep the OSSC Membership informed of your latest accomplishments.
- Create an ask-an-expert presence on your Company's forum.
- Corporate profile is regularly published in the OSSC Images newsletter.
- Corporate profile in the annual print version of the OSSC Membership Directory.
- Company name appears prominently on the back cover of each Images newsletter.
- Company is listed on the Corporate Members page of this site with a link to your website.
Corporate Membership dues are $100 per year.
- Website Sponsorship is an option available to Corporate Members
- Includes company logo / link on every page of the OSSC website
- Company logo / link on the home page of the mobile website
Website Sponsorship is $200 per year and includes Corporate Membership.
Fellows are individuals of distinction who have performed outstanding service for the Optical Society of Southern California and the optical industry.
Fellows enjoy free lifetime Individual Membership to the Society.
OSSC Board Membership
Members who volunteer to help the Optical Society of Southern California by serving in elected office or chairing a committee are eligible for additional benefits including:
- Online public biography viewable by all website visitors (past officers maintain their online biographies)
- 10% discount on all UC Irvine Extension Optics Classes (that can be about ~$70 per class!!)